Wagtail CMS, the open source Python web framework content management system (CMS) for developing dynamic website and apps has recently been updated to version 2.4…
This release brings lots of changes including, support for Python 3.7, new image_url template tag allows to generate dynamic image URLs, adds ability to run individual tests through tox, and drops support for Django 1.11.
If you’re running previous version of Wagtail CMS, you may want to upgrade to this latest release to take advantage of some of the fixes and enhancements included with this…
For more about this release, please check its release pageBelow is a list of some of the added features:
- Added support for Python 3.7
- Added max_count option on page models to limit the number of pages of a particular type that can be created
- Document and image choosers now show the document / image’s collection
- New image_url template tag allows to generate dynamic image URLs
- Added ability to run individual tests through tox
- Collection listings are now ordered by name
- Added file_hash field to documents
- Added last login to the user overview
- Changed design of image editing page
- Make documentation links on welcome page work for prereleases
- Allow overridden copy() methods in Page subclasses to be called from the page copy view
- Query objects returned from PageQuerySet.type_q can now be merged with
- Add rel=”noopener noreferrer” to target blank links
- Additional fields on custom document models now show on the multiple document upload view
- Help text does not overflow when using a combination of BooleanField and FieldPanel in page model
- Document chooser now displays more useful help message when there are no documents in Wagtail document library
- Allow custom logos of any height in the admin menu
For those who want to install Wagtail on Ubuntu, the link below should be a great place to start…
Before upgrading to Wagtail, make sure to upgrade Django…. Django 1.11 is no longer supported in this release; please upgrade your project to Django 2.0 or 2.1 before upgrading to Wagtail 2.4.
Update the Wagtail line in your project’s requirements.txt file to specify the latest patch release of the version you wish to install. For example, to upgrade to version 2.4.x, the line should read:
pip install -r requirements.txt ./manage.py makemigrations ./manage.py migrate
Make any necessary code changes as directed in the “Upgrade considerations” section of the release notes.
Test that your project is working as expected.
You may also like the post below: