Typo3, an enterprise open source content management system based on PHP was recently updated to version v9.4.0 and this brief tutorial shows students and new users how to install it on Ubuntu 16.04 / 18.04 with both Apache2 and Nginx support.
When looking for enterprise content management systems for your business, TYPO3 is a good place to start… it’s not WordPress, but provides some values that may not be available to WordPress users and other CMS platforms available today.
This release brings some huge changes and enhancements, including URI redirect such as “index.php?id=123” to a human-readable URI, typically based on the page title, for example “/team/about-us”, the Admin Panel has now received a complete overhaul regarding its design as well as the underlying code and architecture, support for SQLite and many more.
For more about this release, please visit its release page.
Below is a list of all the changes introduced with this release.
- Add hreflang support
- Filtering and Pagination in the redirects module
- Add property to disable form elements and finishers
- Enable Languages on a per-site basis
- Add notes field to pages table
- Introduce context for TypoScript data getText property
- Show page path for references in record info
- New type=input eval saltedPassword
- Feature toggles in Admin Tools Settings
- Regular Workspace cleanup tasks available via CLI commands
- Removed simulate user from user settings
- Extension Manager only imports extensions compatible with TYPO3 v7 LTS or higher
- Dropped salted passwords options
- PHP Packages: Symfony Components requirements raised to Symfony 4.1
For those who want to install Typo3 CMS, the tutorials below should be a great place to start. Two posts below show you how to install Typo3 with Apache2 and Nginx support.
Installing Typo3 CMS with Apache2 HTTP Support
If you want to learn how to install Typo3 with Apache2 support, read the post below:
Installing Typo3 CMS with Nginx HTTP Support
To learn how to install Typo3 with Nginx support, please read the post below:
TYPO3 version 9.4 is the last intermediate version on the roadmap to the next major LTS release. Version 9.5 (scheduled to be released on 2nd of October 2018) will mark the final version of the TYPO3 v9 series and will be published as a LTS release (Long Term Support).
Hope this help. and please come back soon.