Textpattern 4.7.1 was recently released. This is a maintenance release to fix few issues uncovered in v4.7.0 and includes more translations.
For those who don’t know, Textpattern is a lightweight and elegant content management system for publishers, designers and developers which has been around for many years… It’s a great alternative to WordPress and other popular CMS in use today…
Again, this was a maintenance release to fix few bugs uncovered in the previous version. For more about this release, please visit the release changelog page.
Below is a list of some of the fixes that were added to this release.Fixes:
- Fixed: :article and article_custom correctly parse their content.
- Fixed: :article with listform attribute returns correct value.
- Fixed: Textpack correctly updates timestamp where web server and database server reside in different timezones.
- Fixed: Fallback to ‘C’ locale in some situations.
- Fixed: Section page/style selectors are correctly populated.
- Fixed: Articles without a URL-only title have a valid permlink across all link formats.
- Changed: Additional code optimization for PHP 5.4 and later.
- Changed: Improved language string coverage in setup process.
- Changed: Extended use of Textpattern 4.7.*-native tags in Four Point Seven theme.
- Changed: Additional database-related information included in Diagnostics.
- Added: Latest translations.
- PrismJS 1.15.0.
- jQuery File Upload 9.22.0.
For those who want to learn how to install Textpattern on Ubuntu, here are two posts that show students and new users how to do it. One post shows students how to install it with Apache2 and the other shows how to install it with Nginx support.
Installing Textpattern with Apache2 Support
To install Textpattern CMS with Apache2 support, please use the link below:
Installing Textpattern with Nginx Support
To install Textpattern with Nginx support, the post below is a great place to start.
When installing Textpatten using the tutorial above, don’t forget to change to the current version with downloading the archive. If you don’t change the version number in the downlaod command, you may end up with an older version of Textpattern.