HandBrake, a cross-platform multimedia transcoder that allows anyone to convert common media files into another format has just been updated to version 1.1.1 with minor bug fixes. This brief tutorial is going to show students and new users how to update..
One thing to remember is that HandBrake will not convert protected multi-media files. HandBrake will only support source media files that are not encrypted.
Some fixes that were released for Linux systems are listed below:
- – Fixed Ubuntu PPA build date
- – Fixed a display issue with the quality slider control
- – Fixed issues occurring when running multiple HandBrake instances simultaneously
- – Updated Russian translation
- – Updated support for creating Flatpak bundles (experimental)
Fixes that were applied to other platforms like Windos and Mac OS are listed below also. For more about this release, please check out its release page.Some other fixes are listed below:
– Fixed a potential crash in the comb detection filter
– Fixed a potential crash in the padding filter
– Fixed decoding certain very high bit rate ultra-high definition sources with extra large packets
– Fixed last frame in source video missing in output
– Fixed crash when decoding an empty audio track
– Updated mac-toolchain-build script Nasm url and improved curl parameters for robustness
– Updated libraries (necessary to pull in needed bug fixes)
– libvpx 1.7.0 (VP8/VP9 video encoding)
– x264 155 r2901 (H.264/AVC video encoding)
Installing HandBrake on Ubuntu
To install the latest version of HandBrake on Ubuntu, follow the steps below:
The easiest way to install HandBrake on Ubuntu is via its PPA repository. to install from that, run the commands below:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stebbins/handbrake-releases
Then run the commands below to update Ubuntu and install HandBrake
sudo apt update sudo apt install handbrake-gtk handbrake-cli
Running the above commands should download the latest version of the package and install on Ubuntu.
If you decide that you don’t want HandBrake installed anymore, run the commands below to remove the package
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove handbrake-gtk handbrake-cli sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:stebbins/handbrake-releases
That should do it!
You may also like the post below: