ForkCMS, a user-friendly open source content management system (CMS) built on the LAMP or LEMP stack has been updated to version 5.3.1. This brief tutorial shows students and new users how to install in on Ubuntu 16.04 | 17.10 | 18.04 LTS.
For those who are not currently running ForkCMS and want to install it, the steps below should be a great place to start.
This release brings some bug fixes and one change. for a list of changes, please check the link below:
Here’s a list of bug fixes and a change that were included with this release.Fixed:
- Core: Fix building the css directory from scratch
- Core: Fix language not set in frontend templates
- Core: Fix the ck editor custom icons
- Extensions: Fix upload module
- Mailmotor: Update composer version to get mailchimp fixes
- MediaLibrary: Fix media browse images and videos js errors
- Core: Optimize fetching the page extras
We have written about ForkCMS before and the posts below show you how to install on Ubuntu with Apache2 and Nginx support.
Installing ForkCMS with Apache2 HTTP Support
If you want to install ForkCMS with Apache2 HTTP support, the post below is a great one. follow it to install it.
Installing ForkCMS with Nginx HTTP Support
For those who want to install ForkCMS with Nginx support, the guide below is great. It shows you how to install it on Ubuntu servers.
Both tutorials are easy to follow and understand.
Either one of the above tutorials should get you help with installing ForkCMS on Ubuntu server. Hope these get you started.