Flextype, an open source flat-file content management system (CMS) that’s really fast and easy to setup has been updated to version 0.8.0 with boat load of changes… These changes are many new features and fixes that improve the stability and performance of the system..
This brief tutorial shows students and new users how to install or upgrade Flextype CMS on Ubuntu 16.04 / 18.04…
Some of these changes include, a new folder /site/entries/ added to the core platform, a new snippets functionality added, new menus functionality added and many more…
If you’re running previous version of Flextype, it may be time to upgrade to take advantage of some of these newly released features….
For more about this release, please check its release postBelow are some of the items added to this release:
- Flextype Core: To improve engine flexibility was decided to use entity name Entries/Entry instead of entity name Pages/Page.
- Flextype Core: New folder /site/entries/ added.
- Flextype Core: New entry variable base_url added.
- Flextype Core: Snippets functionality added.
- Flextype Core: New constant PATH[‘snippets’] added for Snippets.
- Flextype Core: New folder /site/snippets/ added.
- Flextype Core: Menus functionality added.
- Flextype Core: New folder /site/menus/ added.
- Flextype Core: Fieldsets functionality added.
- Flextype Core: Fallback functionality for settings added.
- Flextype Core: New settings item accept_file_types added.
- Flextype Core: Common PHP Overrides added to .htaccess
- Flextype Core: Plugins – Locales Array updated.
- Flextype Core: Form Components updated to 1.0.2.
- Flextype Core: Filesystem Components updated to 1.1.5.
- Flextype Core: Content – used new updated getFilesList() method.
- Flextype Core: Updated order of params in getEntries() method.
- Admin Panel: Settings Manager – display only available locales.
- Admin Panel: Profile Manager – improvements for profile look and feel.
- Admin Panel: Entries Manager – Form Genetator will not create labels for hidden inputs.
If you don’t already have Flextype CMS installed and you wish to learn how to install it, click one of the links below… The first link shows you how to install Flextype CMS with Apache2 support and the other shows you how to do it with Nginx….
Installing Flextype with Apache2 Support
To learn how to install Flextype CMS with Apache2 HTTP support, click the link below:
Installing Flextype CMS with Nginx Support
To install Flextype with Nginx support, use the link below:
The easiest way to install and manage Flextype is via Composer…. Use the steps below to always get the latest version:
You can easily install Flextype with Composer.
composer create-project flextype/flextype
Install vendor libs for Default Theme
composer install cd site/themes/default npm install gulp
Install vendor libs for Admin Panel
cd site/plugins/admin composer install npm install gulp
You may also like the post below: